Uganda Media Owners Association (UMOA)was formed in 2009 to create commercial standards within the industry. Its membership comprises mainly owners and managers of newspapers, radio and TV stations in Uganda, and is open to all media. The association works closely with the Uganda Advertisers Association (UAA) and the National Association of Broadcasters.
Formed in 2009 and is headed by a nine member executive committee, with who manage the day to day operations and report into a general assembly forum on a monthly basis. The main objectives of UMOA are:-
- To create a non-Political forum for media owners in the Republic of Uganda.
- To bring together media owners with the purpose of creating standards within the media industry.
- To promote the interests of its members and to do all such lawful things as may be necessary to directly or indirectly protect the interest of its members.
- To control debt levels by sharing debtor information and blacklisting agencies and clients with poor payment record.
- Regularizing and setting joint standards for the media industry e.g. agency accreditation