UMOA APPOINTS NEW EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Uganda Media Owners Association (UMOA) has appointed a new Executive Committee during its annual general meeting held on Tuesday November 22nd 2017. UMOA was formed in 2009 to create commercial standards within the industry. Its membership comprises mainly owners and managers of newspapers, radio and TV stations in Uganda, and is open to all media. The association works closely with the Uganda Advertisers Association (UAA) and the National Association of Broadcasters
In the meeting, the outgoing chair Azim Tharani thanked members for their support during his tenure, remarking that the association has grown tremendously, tackling issues like credible industry research and business management protocols.
NEW UMOA EXECUTIVE
- 1. Susan Nsibirwa-Chairman UMOA (Vision Group)
- 2. Alex Katende Biriggwa- Vice Chairman UMOA (Digida/Buddu FM)
- 3. Betsy Mugamba- Treasure UMOA (Sanyu FM)
- 4. Ramah Mbago- TV representative (NBS TV)
- 5. Samson Bill Nyatia- Executive member (CBS FM)
- 6. Jeff Kiwanuka Mulinde – Executive Member (Radio One/Two)
- 7. Collin Mutambo- Executive Member (Radio Simba)
- 8. Yombe Byaruhanga – Regional Radios (Voice of Toro)
In her remarks, the new Chair Susan Nsibirwa promised to work with the new executive to carry forward the commitment and diligence of the association to streamline business practices in the media industry to ensure profitable operations.
For more information, please contact
Evelyn Ochakacon .S
0776-728059 / 0753-827950